Finally I'm catching up on some blogging! Even though it's way past the fact, I thought some of you might like to see some of our pictures from December so here goes...
We are big fans of real Christmas trees: they smell wonderful and they're an adventure to get, not to mention that we both had real trees for our entire childhoods! It also turns out they're much better for the environment than fake trees, which is an added bonus.
This year we got our tree at Costco: 8 feet of the most beautiful, thick noble fir I've ever seen for the same price we've paid for 5 or 6 feet in years past. Yay, Costco!
...and we had a lot of fun!
Each year we each get a new ornament, in keeping with a tradition my parents kept for me and my siblings while we were growing up.
When I left home I had a full set of ornaments (for a small tree) and an even bigger set of memories attached to them. Every year since we got married and started our own collection, I've displayed my childhood ornaments on their own garland. It can be quite therapeutic to review my life once a year while I hang them up...
Ken and my ornament for the very snowy Christmas of 2008:
Corban's ornament for the year he was obsessed with Star Wars and got a light saber for Christmas:
Keitra's ornament for her second Christmas as our little doll:
We had to cut off several of the of the bottom branches of our tree to get it in the stand and out of them I wove a huge wreath for our front door! Of course I forgot to take any pictures of the finished products until weeks after Christmas when everything looked dead!
1 comment:
oh, what a fun christmas! I forgot how fun little ones at Christmas time are!
Post a Comment