Ken was REALLY sick for the first six or so weeks of this year, one acute upper respiratory infection and/or acute sinus infection after another. Two round of antibiotics, one severe reaction to penicillin, several doctor visits, countless home remedies and no relief in sight meant that we had a really rough couple of months.
In our efforts to get him better and keep him better we ended up cutting refined sugar, refined flour and all dairy products out of our diet for awhile. He finally got completely better and felt great by the time his birthday came around in March. We were still on the restricted diet at that point so we celebrated with some of his favorite nuts: cashews, pecans and pine nuts.
We also gave him an expansion to one of his favorite strategy board games, Dominion...
...homemade cards...
...time as a family...
...with happy kids...
and a remote control helicopter!
2 comments:
Trying to figure out a game to get mike for Christmas...I got so overwhelmed and thought I need to call Ken. I had picked out Dominion and was like should I buy it or not. Needless to say, the sale ended and I didn't buy a game. Now I look on your blog and what do you know, Ken loves that game! :) We gave Joey that helicopter for Easter :)
Aw! You totally should have called Ken! Or me...I could have told ya, too. :) It is a pretty cool game, I also like it a lot. We just bought a second expansion for it for Christmas. And that helicopter is such a good one and easy to fly for the price. Ken and Corban both have one.
Post a Comment