Corban and Ken went camping tonight for our ward's annual Fathers and Sons Campout. So it's just Keitra and I for the evening and she's in bed now. It's fun to be just Mommy and daughter, even when she's so little. I just love that little girl so much! I knew I would love her, even before she was conceived, just like I fell in love with Corban, but what I didn't know is that I would love them each a little differently—that I would love them each in their own right. And there is something so very special about a daughter, something distinctly different than the something that is very special about having a son.
I find it funny how, before my guys left I kept thinking of all the things I'd be able to get done while Corban was gone, and now that they're gone I just miss them both. It feels so quiet around here that I really don't know what to do with myself. I wish I could say that I've been extremely productive, but it's like my brain has forgotten how to function without distraction. Mostly I've just been puttering around, doing this and that, here and there, when I really wanted to get a lot done. The problem is, I also wanted to relax and pamper myself, so I guess I've been kind of torn, which probably contributed to my lack of productivity. :o)
1 comment:
Welcome to the world of Blogging! :) You can find me at: http://considerthedayseized.blogspot.com
You sound so . . . parentish? I don't know. I guess you sound like my mom, talking about loving me and my sister differently. It's sweet, anyway.
Post a Comment